• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beat up by a woman and her daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drillteammom

What is the name of your state? PA

I am involved with a youth drill team. I had gone to another drill team's director to complain about his kids interrupting our practices. He already doesn't like me, but he called his sister to "handle me". He then brought his sister and two younger girls (one of them her daughter) to our practice, where long story short, I ended up with a black eye, lumps on my head from getting beat up. Several days after this incident, I now am having problems with my shoulder and neck. The doctor is taking MRIs, x-rays to pinpoint the problem. We called the police and they filed a report. The man lied to the police and told them he doesn't know any such person (his sister). The police cannot find her, but the officer who took the report said when he does, he will charge her with harassment. I thought assault and battery perhaps, but he said my physical damage must be more than bumps and bruises. I do transcription for a living from home, I can't type because of my right arm being numb and pain, and the eye I got punched in, I see a film constantly. This is one week old now. And why can't I charge the man who called his sister? Isn't that aiding and abetting? And lying to the police? What are my options? Can I sue him for damages? Not to mention, my children and the kids on the drill team were very upset by all of this (they were upstairs when it happened). I got a Victim Assistance Center to offer free counseling for anyone who needs it. Please give me some options on how to pursue this and what type of attorney I need.

Shay-Pari'e

You need to sue the people who actually assaulted you. I do not understand why she has not been arrested, clearly you would be able to recognize her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">