• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnightstar811

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am applying for SSI, I am getting a divorce and have no income. I do own 30 acres, whitch my house sets on. Will they make me get rid of all my property?
Also a relative, now lives with me that is on SS and SSI, He gets $625.00 a month. If I get mine approved, will this affect, the amount of what I can get?
Even though, its his income and I only share the electric bill, with him.

R

ResIpsaLoquitur

Supplemental Income

You say you're getting a divorce and have no income: you do realize you have to be elderly, blind or disabled (and collecting Social Security Disability payments) to collect SSI?

The basic SSI payment is the same for everyone: $500 per month and yes, you may receive less because of your relative's income. If your Social Security Disability check is more than $700 per month, you probably will not qualify for SSI.

SSI allows you to own a home . . .whether they let you own 30 acres of land depends on what it's worth: if it can be divided up into 25 building lots and sold for $30,000 each, no, I doubt they will let you keep that and receive SSI.

Which is all irrelevant if you do not win your disability claim.

midnightstar811

I am disabeled. I don't recieve an Social Security check, as I didn't have enough credits in right time period. SSI is the only option, as I said I have no income, as of now. I am in Missouri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">