• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littlelady30

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I am hoping to be able to embroider names of skateboarders and skateboards themselves on sweatshirts and sell them on Ebay. I bought the pattern from someone already and was wondering if I need the permission of the owners of the names to do this. I am not sure if that would be some sort of copyright infringement. Any help would be great. Thank you

Well, if it is a name of a Skateboarder then it could be an infringment of their right to market themselves. A variation of trademarks. However, the name of the actual skateboard may be a Trademarked item. Then the question is what level of protection that name has obtained. You may seek advice from a local Patent and Trademark attorney for clarification. It is a fact intensive question really.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">