• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract requirement for City

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DeltaPI

California

Is there a requirement for an attorney to have a written contract with a City to perform work for it as the City Attorney?

T

TracyMT

Most attorneys require something to be signed when they're hired on, to ensure payment. I don't know if it's state required, but I can't imagine an attorney working without some kind of contract.

D

DeltaPI

contract requirement

Tracy,

thanks for the response. However, I'm looking for a specific requirement. I agree most attorney's wouldn't perform work without a contract...However, I have a situation where the attorney may have had a backdoor deal with a city official.

John...aka, DeltaPI

T

TracyMT

I think I mis-read your first post. As a City Attorney, they would be representative of the City, so you'd think a contract would be required in the city's by-laws. Some City offices put theirs on the internet - wouldn't hurt to look. Wish I could help you more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">