• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Tresspassing Signs??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyKingFish

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Last weekend I caught two of the neighbors children firing .22 caliber rifles in my pasture. They are only 10 years old. I called the police and had their guardians charged with unsupervised possession of firearms.
We have repeatedly told these two boys and all the neighborhood children to stay off our land but to no avail. They have torn down our fruit trees and constantly get into our children's treehouse. Their guardian's don't seem to care when or where the boys go. I have caught them as late as midnight and after. :eek:
We had caught the boys only two days prior, trying to cross onto our land with the guns and told them again that they were not to be on our land --especially with guns.
I have a 13 year old still at home and a grandchild that stays with me during the day and I am worried about all of our safety -- especially if they get the guns back. We spend a great deal of time in the pasture next to the creek where I caught the boys.
We have all of our land in the pasture fenced in with barb wire (even the creek area) and a wooden fence running between their property and ours. There was a big stink about that too. They took up the surveyor's sticks and ranted and raved for days about how wrong the surveyor's where.
My question is can I post my fence/property with NO TRESSPASSING signs???
If not what can I do???? :mad:

Calling the police seems to only make it worse especially for my 13 year old daughter that has to ride the bus with them. Please respond ASAP.

Thank you so much for being here.

Ciarraine

LadyKingFish said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Last weekend I caught two of the neighbors children firing .22 caliber rifles in my pasture. They are only 10 years old. I called the police and had their guardians charged with unsupervised possession of firearms.
We have repeatedly told these two boys and all the neighborhood children to stay off our land but to no avail. They have torn down our fruit trees and constantly get into our children's treehouse. Their guardian's don't seem to care when or where the boys go. I have caught them as late as midnight and after. :eek:
We had caught the boys only two days prior, trying to cross onto our land with the guns and told them again that they were not to be on our land --especially with guns.
I have a 13 year old still at home and a grandchild that stays with me during the day and I am worried about all of our safety -- especially if they get the guns back. We spend a great deal of time in the pasture next to the creek where I caught the boys.
We have all of our land in the pasture fenced in with barb wire (even the creek area) and a wooden fence running between their property and ours. There was a big stink about that too. They took up the surveyor's sticks and ranted and raved for days about how wrong the surveyor's where.
My question is can I post my fence/property with NO TRESSPASSING signs???
If not what can I do???? :mad:

Calling the police seems to only make it worse especially for my 13 year old daughter that has to ride the bus with them. Please respond ASAP.

Thank you so much for being here.
Yes, you can. Can these crackers read?

L

LadyKingFish

Thank you for responding so quickly.
Are there any special rules that you must follow to putting these signs up??
I don't want to break the law myself.

L

LadyKingFish

Thanks again for the advice. I went to the store today and purchased 20 signs (just for starters) and asked the neighbors that own the land on both sides of me if they minded if I posted them on the fence facing their property.
I try to be a good neighbor and ask permission.
They seemed rather concerned with the situation themselves. They had not heard about the incident.
They are older and their grandchildren and greatgrands play by the creek on their land when they are visiting also.
Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">