• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AOL Billing Cheats!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phatcat42141

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I had a free three month trial with AOL. I cancled after 2 months and the day I call and canceled they charged me and caused an overdraft. The bank says AOL should pay the overdraft fee and AOL says that it is not thier problem. What to do????? :confused: :mad: :mad: :confused:

SAK2000

California

You are not alone. They did the same to me. I cancelled before three months but didn't notice that they continued to charge me for three more months. At that point my account became overdrawn and when I contacted AOL they would not reimburse me for the whole three months because I didn't "notify them sooner". I think they reimbursed me either one or two of the three months but not all of it and they sure didn't pay my overdraft charge. In addition, the guy I spoke to at AOL was an absolute jerk. I ended up having to chalk it up as a $55 lesson (AOL charge and bank charge). I also learned that I needed to pay more attention to my monthly bank statements. I don't know if you really have any recourse unless you start making calls to some higher ups at AOL and not just call their customer service line. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Good Luck to you

FarmerJ

If AO(hel)L takes money when they arent supposed to or sooner than they are supposed to ,then see if you can sign a charge back at the bank and explain that they took payment when they werent supposed to ,your bank might allow you to recover the funds and drop the over draft fees .

SAK2000

Thanks Farmer for the info. It's been a few months since this happened and I can't remember why I didn't pursue that direction. I think it's because the $55 wasn't worth the amount of time I would have had to put into it. I had a bunch of other stuff going on.

However, I'm not saying someone else shouldn't pursue it.

Hisbabygirl77

I also had the same thing happen to me. I called AOL and talked to one lady who said she was sorry and would fix it, well she didnt. So I called back and got a rude gentleman who said basically oh well deal with it.SO I called back again reported the rude gentleman and got an extremely nice lady who not only fixed the problem, took care of the over draft fees and gave me a year of free AOL. Try calling back even if you have to call back 10 times and speak to 10 different people you will eventually find a nice person in the bunch. No you shouldn't have to go through all of that but hey an hour on te phone was worth my money to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">