• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can someone else beside cops take paraphernalia and blame it on you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pastortroy

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hi I got a question, I go to school at UW oshkosh, well last nite I was signing a friend into my dorm hall and this pipe I had found earlier had fallen out of my pocket. Now this guy on our floor called a CA (comunity advisor) asked me what it was that fell on the floor, i was like it was my keys, hes like no it was glass what was it. We wouldnt give it to him, then hes like I can just give you an incident report with the school or call the police. I just figured it was a tobacco pipe ;). I was like as far as I know its a tobacco pipe,and gave it to him. whatever. And then we thought that was it. well apparently he called the police anyways. But we never saw the police. Now even though he works for the school and ****. but how could he call the cops and say that its mine, when he was in possesion of it himself. And the cops havent confronted me yet so i dont know whats goin to happen?

CdwJava

First, don't try to claim that you "found" the pipe ... that's THE most common answer we receive when we find dope or paraphernalia on people: "I found it." Most people don't pick pipes up off the ground and stuff them into their pocket ... and I have yet to ever find a pipe on the ground when I'm not at a druggie house. You had it, it was yours, so at least admit it ... I mean, this IS an anonymous forum.

As for the question, yes, he CAN call the police and they might be able to charge you with it. Will they? Probably not. if they did not do it the night this happened, chances are it won't happen.

However, if possessing drug paraphernalia is against campus policy you COULD get boted out of the dorms. You likely won't - unless you get caught smoking the stuff, but you probably could.

- Carl

pastortroy

ok guys so the cops came up to my dorm room and said they were going to give me a fine for possessing drug paraphernalia, but my question is how can they when they never caught me with it themselves? I could challenge this, right?

CdwJava

You can challenge anything. You have that right.

What they would base the prosecution on is the statement from the guy who gave the paraphernalia to them. You will essentially have to call him a liar. So, unless you are willing to commit perjury (a much greater offense than possessing a pop pipe, I am sure), then you may not have much of a case.

But, you can always pay for a lawyer and see what they say.

- Carl

pastortroy

mr cop i thank u for at least replying, but i just chuckle at your response, sounds like a typical cop response

First, don't try to claim that you "found" the pipe ... that's THE most common answer we receive when we find dope or paraphernalia on people: "I found it." Most people don't pick pipes up off the ground and stuff them into their pocket ... and I have yet to ever find a pipe on the ground when I'm not at a druggie house. You had it, it was yours, so at least admit it

Now here is my claim I was going to turn the pipe in to the proper authorites, I simply gave it to my ca, because I figured he would turn it into the authorities for me, now if you want to charge me with possesion of drug paraphernalia, you might as well charge mr. ***** with possesion also, if he is in possesion of it also he shall be charged also, because after all the police's motto, enforce the laws without any bias and clearly there is bias here. Also my ca is not a police officer therefore unable to possess the pipe himself

gryndor

You're really reaching here now. CDWJava has probably given you the nicest answer you're going to get, and if you were going to turn it in anyway, why did you lie to the CA when he asked you about it? If you're going to try and squeeze through the law, no one will help you from this board... except for other druggies.

Enjoy your "tobacco" pipe.

BTW, my signature DOES apply to you...

Last edited:

snostar

pastortroy said:
Now here is my claim I was going to turn the pipe in to the proper authorites, I simply gave it to my ca, because I figured he would turn it into the authorities for me, now if you want to charge me with possesion of drug paraphernalia, you might as well charge mr. ***** with possesion also, if he is in possesion of it also he shall be charged also, because after all the police's motto, enforce the laws without any bias and clearly there is bias here. Also my ca is not a police officer therefore unable to possess the pipe himself
Nice try, but it won't work, they will see right through it. Stand up take responsiblity, and show some respect.

CdwJava

pastortroy said:
mr cop i thank u for at least replying, but i just chuckle at your response, sounds like a typical cop response
Ah .. which part was "typical"? Responding that you had a right to challenge the charge (true), or the part about the fact that the third party can bring the charges (also true)?

If the truth is humorous, you are indeed a jolly fellow!

Now here is my claim I was going to turn the pipe in to the proper authorites, I simply gave it to my ca, because I figured he would turn it into the authorities for me
Not true - at least according to your own post. You said: "this pipe I had found earlier had fallen out of my pocket" ... this is NOT the same as giving it the CA. You were signing a friend into the dorm and it fell out of your pocket and he asked what it was. You didn't just turn it in to him, he saw it!

now if you want to charge me with possesion of drug paraphernalia, you might as well charge mr. ***** with possesion also, if he is in possesion of it also he shall be charged also, because after all the police's motto, enforce the laws without any bias and clearly there is bias here.
Yeah - they charged the guy who dropped it - not the guy that turned in the guy that dropped it.

Like I said, you can challenge the case in court and argue that you found it. But, you will hear many a snicker from the courtroom and attendant personnel because they hear THAT excuse all the time. I can't TELL you the number of time I have been told, "I found it" ... or, "These aren't my pants" ... or, "It's not my jacket" ... ad nauseum.

Also my ca is not a police officer therefore unable to possess the pipe himself
But he is certainly able to hold onto evidence for the police and report you.

Make those arguments incourt - that's your right. But, be prepared to pay the fine. Or, spend a lot of money and get an attorney (and risk paying the fine AND the attorney). Your choice.

Oh, and you might also find that your dorm room has a vacancy, too, if you push too hard. They CAN boot you, ya know.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

And the cops havent confronted me yet so i dont know whats goin to happen?
I'll tell you what SHOULD happen. You should be kicked out of school for wasting time that another student could be using to forward their education instead of you wasting our time with your third-grade grammar and supercillious posturing.

GRADE: F-

pastortroy

I guess the reason Im trying to get away is cuz I already got a speeding ticket dropped, I f****d myself over on this one I guess. I got a jury trial for my speeding ticket. I thought that I'd prolly end up losing cuz the cops dont have to show you the radar gun. But I ended up winning.
Anyways BelizeBreeze, Is that all you do on this forum is go around and critique peoples' grammar? oh and by the way I got a partial scholarship to go to the school I'm at. And I'm not wasting my time here, I'm actually forwarding my education because after all I'm at college. And by the way, I'm actually in advanced math, Junior level math.

"You should be kicked out of school for wasting time that another student could be using to forward their education instead of you wasting our time with your third-grade grammar and supercillious posturing."
Oh, you don't say

Oh and by the way you spelled supercillious wrong, it's spelled supercilious
Just thought I'd let you know since you go around b******* at me for my grammar, maybe learn how to spell. ;)

And as for the rest, thanks for posting at least you guys post comments relative to the topic at hand

Shay-Pari'e

From what you posted, you clearly came here with a story and then fessed up that you did not tell the truth. You are breaking the law every way you turn, and you just simply will not get away with it.

Your grammar really does leave alot to be desired, I would think you could at least spell . Did you expect people to buy your crap? You self entitled attitude will never get you anywhere.

N

nitroeater

You r too young 2 b getting a record. It will follow u all ur life. Fight the case. get a lawyer if need b.
BTW-- i can spell 2---two PEACE--jcs

T

tomnshelle

pastortroy said:
I guess the reason Im trying to get away is cuz I already got a speeding ticket dropped, I f****d myself over on this one I guess. I got a jury trial for my speeding ticket. I thought that I'd prolly end up losing cuz the cops dont have to show you the radar gun. But I ended up winning.
Anyways BelizeBreeze, Is that all you do on this forum is go around and critique peoples' grammar? oh and by the way I got a partial scholarship to go to the school I'm at. And I'm not wasting my time here, I'm actually forwarding my education because after all I'm at college. And by the way, I'm actually in advanced math, Junior level math.

"You should be kicked out of school for wasting time that another student could be using to forward their education instead of you wasting our time with your third-grade grammar and supercillious posturing."
Oh, you don't say

Oh and by the way you spelled supercillious wrong, it's spelled supercilious
Just thought I'd let you know since you go around b******* at me for my grammar, maybe learn how to spell. ;)

And as for the rest, thanks for posting at least you guys post comments relative to the topic at hand
OK i have to say it. Don't end a sentence with a preposition. Don't start a sentence with the word *and*.
To respond to your ridiculous claims that seem to change with each post you send;
You got busted. Deal with it. There's no way out of it. Be prepared to find an apartment off campus.
Use your superiour math skills and save some of that scholarship money. You're going to need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">