• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many cars can I leagally buy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmgraham

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas, I would like to know if there are any laws regarding the amount of vehicles I am alowed to buy per month with out a Broker / Business license? I would not own any of these vehicles, the vehicles would be shipped over seas within days of purchase.

Thank You,
PMGraham
Houston, Texas

HomeGuru

pmgraham said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas, I would like to know if there are any laws regarding the amount of vehicles I am alowed to buy per month with out a Broker / Business license? I would not own any of these vehicles, the vehicles would be shipped over seas within days of purchase.

Thank You,
PMGraham
Houston, Texas
**A: you would be considered a dealer. What did the state office tell you when you asked them?

P

pmgraham

I have not contacted the State Office. I will do that next to see if they could offer some advice.

Last edited:

TCB4U2B2B

Vehicle dealers and brokers not likely to and or do not actually take possession of the vehicles. The banks carry the loans for the dealers and or brokers. Whomever has the vehicles pays the payments on the loans to the bank until the vehicle is moved to another party, other than the final retail consumer making the purchase.

Thus, no possession exists by the wholesaler or retailer, until a retail sale is made at the dealers level to the consumer. No possession applies to both new and or used vehicle dealers. Possession takes place upon retail sale and DMV papers are filed.

Laws vary by state. How many can be purchased likely to depend upon how much money a lending bank is willing to extend you credit for, length of contract agreed upon and other assorted legal details.

Banks will review the agreements between you and the party the vehicles will be purchased from. If the transactions are legal and the credits approved, the money credits will be extended to you. Once you finalize the transfer to the buyer, their lending bank pays yours and you keep the profits.

Side Note:
Have to make an assumption, since no mentioning of how the business is to be conducted. Is this business transaction going to be done totally online....???

Based upon the fact the question was posted into this forum and not the business forum....??? Or was (the posting of your question) placed the incorrect forum location here???

Surely does not seem to be posted in the correct forum topic. (IMO)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">