• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSD review question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

piemaker

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My SSD case is currenty under review. I have a spinal condition which I recieved a favorable decision upon appeal three years ago. I recently recieved a letter from SS which said that they need further information regarding my condition so they are sending me to a neuropsychologist for an "psychological evaluation". I am wondering if they are going to try to say I am malingering or dispute my claim to have difficulty in focusing and concentrating as a result of my chronic pain, or perhaps that I am depressed.
Any input would be appreciated!

CancerSurvivor

I dont think so. I have a claim pending right now and they sent me to a psychologist also. Kind of funny since I had Cancer and lost the use of my arm, yet the only Doctor they have sent me to see is a Shrink.

One thing I would suggest to ANYONE applying for Disability is to write your Representatives, Senators, Governor, etc. I got my Hearing and Appeals date moved up by Seven months by writing them and stating my delimma financially. Maybe it helped that it was an election year. lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">