• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce impending, I need MAJOR help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tyrfing

I live in Arizona.

I am a married father who may be facing a divorce soon. There are 2 children involved. one who is mine, and one from her prior marriage which I never officially adopted. I believe my wife will be filing for divorce after the holidays. If this happens, I want to retain custody of my child. However, I am currently unemployed (but actively seeking a job before this comes about). We all live in a condo that my parents own, and she has already stated that she wants to get an apartment all of her own after the holidays. My grandparents are willing to provide as a daycare for my child for free, and she loves them both immensely. My wife has also admitted to having an "emotional affair" with someone at work, but swears it has not become physical. I was hoping you could give me any help in deciding how to form my case if she does end up filing. Any input is appreciated.

Tyrfing said:
I live in Arizona.

I am a married father who may be facing a divorce soon. There are 2 children involved. one who is mine, and one from her prior marriage which I never officially adopted. I believe my wife will be filing for divorce after the holidays. If this happens, I want to retain custody of my child. However, I am currently unemployed (but actively seeking a job before this comes about). We all live in a condo that my parents own, and she has already stated that she wants to get an apartment all of her own after the holidays. My grandparents are willing to provide as a daycare for my child for free, and she loves them both immensely. My wife has also admitted to having an "emotional affair" with someone at work, but swears it has not become physical. I was hoping you could give me any help in deciding how to form my case if she does end up filing. Any input is appreciated.
Buddy you are in luck, there is an organization called http://www.arizonafathersrights.com which can help you out. Infact looking at their meeting schedule it appears they have a law library meeting this coming Sunday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">