• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he just keeps lying!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need help now

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? massachuetts i am going through a nasty custody battle. the judge has given the children to me and made my husband pay chid support. he dragged me into court because my 16 year old daughter doesnt want to see him anymore and he got the surpise when we were in court,the judge says at the age of 16 she decides who to see. my quetion is i have a 9 year old son and he witnessed my ex assualt me which i have a restrining order on him. my ex is going to the kids friends parents andtelling them lies about me and my future husband. now these parents want to help me but really dont want to miss work to go testify in court about how he keeps saying those lies. is there any form or paper work i can get from court to let these people fill out and tell there story and be binding in court like an avidavid or something.i am at the end of my rope! please help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

need help now said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? massachuetts i am going through a nasty custody battle. the judge has given the children to me and made my husband pay chid support. he dragged me into court because my 16 year old daughter doesnt want to see him anymore and he got the surpise when we were in court,the judge says at the age of 16 she decides who to see. my quetion is i have a 9 year old son and he witnessed my ex assualt me which i have a restrining order on him. my ex is going to the kids friends parents andtelling them lies about me and my future husband. now these parents want to help me but really dont want to miss work to go testify in court about how he keeps saying those lies. is there any form or paper work i can get from court to let these people fill out and tell there story and be binding in court like an avidavid or something.i am at the end of my rope! please help

My response:

No, not in this type of instance. Affidavits and Declarations can't be cross-examined in court so, for the most part, unless the actual person appears, such papers can't be considered by the judge.

Besides, how would these people know whether or not your ex-husband isn't telling the truth? Are these people with you 24 hours a day to be able to know that there isn't "some" truth to what he's saying?

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

need help now said:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=202871

So you AND your siter both have "restrining" orders on abusive X's? What exactly is a avidavid? Please clarify both of these posts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">