• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bills assigned not paid, now I have to file chapt. 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azcuttie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AZ

I have a consented divorce decree from 3/22/04. My ex-husband agreed to pay for a $5,000 credit card in my name because the card was used for his work expenses. Also, I co-signed for his car and he agreed to keep and pay for that car. Well, 6 months later I find out he never paid any payments on the car and I have not recieved anything on the credit card. I have gone from a 700 credit score to a 450 score and am now forced to file chapt 7 to keep my head above water. Anyway. I want to file a suit against him ording him to pay for the 6 months on the car and the credit bill which is well over $5,000 now. He currently lives out of state and I know he is making good money and can afford to take care of this problem. I can not find out which papers and court do I file??? Please help with any advice...TY

azcuttie said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AZ

I have a consented divorce decree from 3/22/04. My ex-husband agreed to pay for a $5,000 credit card in my name because the card was used for his work expenses. Also, I co-signed for his car and he agreed to keep and pay for that car. Well, 6 months later I find out he never paid any payments on the car and I have not recieved anything on the credit card. I have gone from a 700 credit score to a 450 score and am now forced to file chapt 7 to keep my head above water. Anyway. I want to file a suit against him ording him to pay for the 6 months on the car and the credit bill which is well over $5,000 now. He currently lives out of state and I know he is making good money and can afford to take care of this problem. I can not find out which papers and court do I file??? Please help with any advice...TY
Was the agreement in the divorce decree, if not, this is going to be a hard one. In regards to the car, is that vehicle repo'd yet considering six months behind, and what is the status on the total amount if it was repo'd.
Depending on how NM acts you can go after his wages and maybe even record a lien on the civil side or you can ask for an, "order to show cause." as to why he is not obligating the divorce decree.

A

azcuttie

the car and the divorce decree

Yes everything was in the divorce decree. And about the car, will thats a tricky one. Let see. I had agreed to keep the 2002 dodge and make the payments on the lease, he kept 01 kia and agreed to make the payments on the purchase. once i saw the car was not being paid i went and took it back and then kept the car but handed back the leased dodge because i could not make payments on both. I was the co- signer on both. now the dodge was handed back, there is a balance of 7 grand on that. the car is still behind 2 months, i am currwntly catching up on that. so between the back car payments and the credit card, there is like about 8 thousand owed he hasnt paid. whats my corse of action??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">