• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SS, death, no will, child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mandys81

What is the name of your state? PA
Please help. My sister was speaking with a teacher who said that she and I (i am married) should get part of my dad's estate. Here's the situation. My parents were married, had me and my sister. Got divorced. Remarried. 10 yrs later (1 yr ago Oct. 30) my dad passes away. He hadn't left a will. My sister lives with our mother and I with my husband. My step-mom got all his pension, life insurance. My sister does receive SS because she is only 16 and my dad was paying child support for her. My sister is very mad at my step-mom because of this teacher who told her that when there is not a will, the money should be given mostly to the wife, and a portion to each child. Can you please help me settle this for my sister so she can renew her relationship with my step-mom?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">