• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He Is Destroying My Life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldloop

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

I was divorced in 2001, at that time my ex was awarded a vehicle and he was to pay for said vehicle with my being held harmless. The loan, of which I am listed as owner still since WI is a community property state, was to be paid to chrysler by him. The marriage settlement stated that if he failed to keep up the agreement of the loan or did not insure the vehicle according to loan requirement the vehicle was to be surrendered to me to dispose of as I see fit and all Money owed would still be his responsiblity. He has failed to make his payments on numerous occassions and has not surrendered the vehicle as ordered in the settlement agreement. What is my legal recourse to obtain the vehicle. Is there anything I can do through the courts to enforce this part of the marriage settlement agreement and stop him from continuing to destroy my credit.
Frustrated :confused:

This is the whole reason why to get the loans completely out of your name during the divorce, meaning sell the damm vehicle if he cant afford to re-fin. the loan himself. Yes you can do a couple of thing to press the issue however the creditors do not have to listen to it and that is what is really important on this... they (the creditors) want their money and if you are better at getting to them, than you they go after.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">