• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend found dead

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daiseymae

:( What is the name of your state?kenyucky
last week my brothers best friend was found dead. he was a good friend of mine also. the police are suppose to have it blocked of as a crime scene. with it being a crime scene nobody is allowed up there. his wife left him 6months ago and his mom was making the house and land payments for him. his wife won't let my brothers up there to get there stuff. and his wife also took some of my brothers stuff going through it and won't give it back. it's all of his army paper work from where he was in the service and his kids birth certificates. can anything be done about this? and with it suppose to be blocked of as a crime scene doesn't that mean that his wife isn't suppose to be up there either going through stuff? my oldest brother lived up there cause (i am just going to call him M) M let my brother move a trailor on his land when he was a live. and his wife won't let him move it told my brother not to come back up there.my brother also has 2 cars up there. and help would be grateful..

Last edited:

D

daiseymae

kentucky, my brother did ask the police about it and they just laughed and walked away. that is why i am asking on this board if anyone on here knows that if it is a crime scene doesn't that mean that no body not even his wife is allowed on the property until they are done with the investigation?

BelizeBreeze

I doubt seriously if the police 'just laughed at him'.

In most jurisdictions, no one is allowed within a crime scene except police and/or investigators. However, this sounds more like a rudimentary investigation that has now ceased.

As for property rights, unless your brother can prove that the things on this person's land and in the home are his, he has no rights to them. And the sister CAN keep him from the property.

Of course, since there is hardly ANY facts to this story, that's an assumption. You need to either call the local prosecuting attorney to determine if there is an ongoing investigation or not. And if there is not, begin proceedings to retrieve his belongings, which would mean suing in small claims court.

D

daiseymae

kentucky,
for one my brothers do have titles and prove that the stuff on that land is there's.i mean one of my brothers has all of his army papers and stuff that has his name on it. the trailor is in my oldest brothers name and his wife.but there is an investigation going on but a good friend of mine that works on the state troopers police force is going to handle it and get my brothers belongings back to them. you know i have been posting on this board for some time and with this situation in hand i have never been more upset with the so called want to be lawyers on here. i mean get real popping off with theories comes reality want kind of bogus crap is that.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

daiseymae said:
kentucky,
for one my brothers do have titles and prove that the stuff on that land is there's.i mean one of my brothers has all of his army papers and stuff that has his name on it. the trailor is in my oldest brothers name and his wife.but there is an investigation going on but a good friend of mine that works on the state troopers police force is going to handle it and get my brothers belongings back to them. you know i have been posting on this board for some time and with this situation in hand i have never been more upset with the so called want to be lawyers on here. i mean get real popping off with theories comes reality want kind of bogus crap is that.

My response:

Hey!!!

You're the one who started off with "kenyucky", which set the tone for the rest of this thread.

IAAL

D

daiseymae

kentucky,
so just because i missed spelled a word from where i was typing fast that gives you the right to be a smart butt. i don't think so....
how would you feel if you was just asking a simple question and some body popped of with a smart remark. this person was a good friend of mine also and i'm not in the mood for any wise cracks. so just keep your wise cracks to your self and don't reply.

Shay-Pari'e

daiseymae said:
kentucky,
so just because i missed spelled a word from where i was typing fast that gives you the right to be a smart butt. i don't think so....
how would you feel if you was just asking a simple question and some body popped of with a smart remark. this person was a good friend of mine also and i'm not in the mood for any wise cracks. so just keep your wise cracks to your self and don't reply.
LOL......... Do you expect people to take this post serious? We could literally have a little contest just to find all your misspelled words and horrific grammar.

I found *19*. :D

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

daiseymae said:
kentucky,

My response:

When trailers and their trash - - collide!

Film at eleven . . .

IAAL

D

daiseymae

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

When trailers and their trash - - collide!

Film at eleven . . .

IAAL
so what are you sayin' people that live in trailers are nothing more then trailer trash? just because they don't have big houses and fancy cars don't make then any less human.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

daiseymae said:
so what are you sayin' people that live in trailers are nothing more then trailer trash? just because they don't have big houses and fancy cars don't make then any less human.

My response:

Actually, yes!

It was very astute of you to pick up on that.

IAAL

D

daiseymae

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Actually, yes!

It was very astute of you to pick up on that.

IAAL
Man you are just full of crap.i know alot of hard working people that live in a trailers. but at least they make a living the honest way unlike lawyers that want to scam. your nothing more then an air headed jerk.

K

kygirl1630

kentucky,
LOL,
omg this person was just asking a question. and you guys' on here want to cut her down. get real. she just lost a friend and she is just wanting to find out if it is suppose to be a crime scene does that mean that no one is allowed on the property? to answer your question yes, no one is to be one that land until the police are done searching it.
and i also work in a lawyers office and live in a trailor and i am NOT trailer trash.
but yeah when the police get done your brothers need to get a police officer to go with them to get their stuff.if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">