• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex won't remove my name from boat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shell11

What is the name of your state? I live in NJ, ex and divorce is in NC

My ex was suppose to remove my name from a boat, according to the divorce agreement, (over 3 years ago) He has recently become disabled, so now no bank will refinace the loan. I am getting ready to get remarried, and would like things taken care of. He is a hazard on the boat, that is why he is disabled, (boating accident.) My finance and I would like all things taken care of because we are worried about any possible future accidents with the boat.I would then be left with a payment, or a lawsuit from another party, possibly hurt in the accident.
My questions are, 1) can the court force him to sell the boat.
2) Will a pre nuptial agreement save my future husband from being finacial responsible for any payments or lawsuits. My fiance owns his own home, and we are worried that something could happen, and then someone would attack his assest and home.
Thanks in advance for any help.

D

Dixiechick91910

Take your divorce decree to the finance company and have them remove your name...I think you have to do this with the DMV also. If all else fails, take him to civil court and have the judge order him to do this within 30 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">