• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex won't remove my name from his truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethanyray

:mad: Colorado
My ex husband and I have been divorced for over a year. In the separation agreement he was awarded the truck, for which I was the co-signer, the stipulation being that he had to get it put into his name solely. Well, that hasn't happened. Apparently, because of the age and the miles on the vehicle he is unable to refinance. He doesn't want to sell so he just refuses to do anything about it. But, in the time we have been separated he has made quite a few late payments, one being 120 days late. He has all but disappeared off the face of the earth since I have been on him about it. He changed his number, which is unlisted. I am not even sure where he is living now. I can't find any information on him. Where do I go from here?? What legal actions can I take to force him to do what he promised to do in the separation agreement? I am wanted to buy a house soon and he has wreaked so much havok on my credit, I don't think I will be able to. Please help!!!

D

Dixiechick91910

Bring your divorce decree to the finance company and see if they can have your name removed from the contract. Tell them you want a statement which should show his address. If he doesn't abide by this, take him back to civil court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">