• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I possibly have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lissie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Ok this is going to be a long post. Sorry. Over a year and a half ago I started feeling ill. I got really dizzy, head pressure, headaches, tremors, started running low grade fevers, panick attacks,the list goes on. I do have a history of thyroid cancer. I went to the ER and was told I have high blood pressure(I'm only 31 F) and was told to follow up with my GP. My GP wasn't even willing to see me he just wanted to put me on BP meds. So I switched drs. This dr imediately labeled me a hyprocondriac but was willing to humor me that there was something wrong. I had a thyroid scan etc. blood work done only to be told that there was nothing wrong. That I needed to take antidepressants. It's all in my head. Well after about 10 months of hearing the same thing I finally switched drs again. Again was told this is all in my head and they labeled me as having a panick disorder. I started having abdominal pain/flank pain and was told to take pepcid ac and that would help. When it didn't help and sometimes the pain was unbearable I went back to the dr. Again humoring me he agreed to have a CT scan done at my request to view my adrenals and kidneys. They found a 5.1 cm complex cyst and said it was nothing. I even asked to see a urologist for another opinion. This urologist without looking at my CT scans, etc. decided that it was nothing. I was not very comfortable with this and asked for a referal to another dr outside of my medical group. (again none of the drs in my medical group could get passed the panick/anxiety that one of them Dxed me with.) I went for my sec opinion and was told that the sec opinion dr had showed my scans to 3 different radiologists and 2 of the 3 said this thing is very worrisome and they are giving me a 50/50 chance its cancer. The other said we could do another CT to see if it has grown and then decide what to do. So now I am faced with the possiblity that I have cancer and it was left undiagnosed by so many drs for almost 2 years now. Of course I will not know until they remove it but wanted some advice. I have suffered so much over the last (almost) 2 years and so has my family. Mentally, physically. If this does turn out to be cancer what would the criteria for me to sue be? I would not be doing it for the money although it would be nice. If nothing else just to get their attention so that the next person would not suffer as I have. Thanks for listening and again sorry for the lenghty post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">