• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

backpay benefits due..rsdi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mines2

What is the name of your state?Texas
My lawyer did not send in the letter from my dr. to the social security office in baltimore maryland and therefore, I was denied my 6 years of benefits because the letter was not recieved. I re-applied on my own without the lawyer, and I provided all information including the letter needed and within
120 days I started receiving my disability checks.
This was 6/03.
Can I sue the lawyer for not providing the letter in time and get my 6 years of social security benefits that I would have been entitled to had he send in the document.

BL

Try pleading your case with the Social Security administration.

Remind them you had a Lawyer and the Lawyer should have submitted the information,and didn't.

Tell them this was no fault of your own, and ask them to reconsider your request for back pay.

If they refuse consult with a Different SSI attorney. If they get it for you they might take a percentage, but it's better than nothing .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">