• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspicion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

binxboi23

What is the name of your state? Pennasylvania

I dunno if i should post this here, but here goes. i was in auto accident and it was in a bad part of a neighborhood. i was taking my friend home and was hit. it was my fault. im not too famliar with this city and when i usually take my friend home i go directly to his place and back. but i had to take my mom fiance to get his check cashed and came a different way, so i ended up not knowing where i was going. a cop came to my house today from the vice squad. he said he theorizes that i was in that neighborhood to get drugs. just because i was white and i was with two black men in the car. this is the second time the cops have assumed i was in the area for drugs. is there anything i can do to make them stop from assuming that (legal action), or am i just gonna have to put up with it?

CdwJava

There is no way to stop the police from "assuming" you are guilty. The only thing they can NOT do is detain or arrest you without cause.

And it just sounds odd to me that the police would bother to contact you TWICE just because you were driving through the area. Something else must have been said or presumed - if not by the police then by someone who spoke to them.

So, no legal action can be done to stop them from making assumptions and consensual contacts. You can simply politely decline to speak with them.

- Carl

Son of Slam

binxboi23 said:
...i was with two black men in the car. this is the second time the cops have assumed i was in the area for drugs. is there anything i can do to make them stop from assuming...?

No, there is not.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Due to complete boredom, I actually, and finally, read your disclaimer, SOS. I was busting out laughing, and had tears running down my face! I highly recommend your "Disclaimer" as terrific "Comic Relief" or bathroom reading. Good job!

IAAL

"IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY - Son of Slam comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, SOS holds no title to said SOS comments IF SOS comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of SOS comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of SOS. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use SOS comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the SOS comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the SOS comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the SOS comments in the same context that the SOS comments were previously expressed. SOS retains all right, title, and interest in and to the SOS comments. All rights not granted are reserved by SOS. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE SOS COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE SOS COMMENTS PROVIDED THE SOS COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE SOS COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">