• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settling car accident case finally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mybreezy11

What is the name of your state?Settling car accident case, finallyWhat is the name of your state?California
My husband has finally went through mediation to settle his case after almost 5 years! His lawyer (big time California lawyers) has sent him a letter of release and they will send him the draft in about 90 days. My husband refuses to sign the release because my husband asked the lawyers for an itemized statement of all the expenses, that will be paid out of the $200,000 settlement. But they refuse to do it. They claim that the doctor bills were more than $48,000, and that is a reduction! but the medical bills that we have added up don't come up to $35,000. We think the lawyers are pulling a fast one on him. :confused:
Please answer right away!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mybreezy11 said:
What is the name of your state?Settling car accident case, finallyWhat is the name of your state?California
My husband has finally went through mediation to settle his case after almost 5 years! His lawyer (big time California lawyers) has sent him a letter of release and they will send him the draft in about 90 days. My husband refuses to sign the release because my husband asked the lawyers for an itemized statement of all the expenses, that will be paid out of the $200,000 settlement. But they refuse to do it. They claim that the doctor bills were more than $48,000, and that is a reduction! but the medical bills that we have added up don't come up to $35,000. We think the lawyers are pulling a fast one on him. :confused:
Please answer right away!

My response:

"Please answer right away!" is not a legal question. And, besides, "answer" what?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">