• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Awol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Whatsgoingon?

Illinois Domestic, family law

Is it legal for an attorney to accept money from someone without a contract? Quote from this person "I will do everything for $2500." This lawyer has been Awol on my case at times. Not showing up to a court date. Lacking advocacy at different times in the case. Telling me he would do things then not doing them in court. Didn't let the judge know my concerns, when the judge asked on two different occasions were their any concerns of abuse or mistreatment, even though the concerns are clearly stated in two forensic reports. Won't return phone calls. Allowed the defendent's attorney to sign a court order stating that he was the attorney for the plaintiff (me). I don't know if that will cause a technicality or not. Nothing but continuances for about a year and a half, no trial date set. Gave defendents attorney a copy of a joint custody agreement that was done 7 months ago. Defendent herself has seen the agreement. I have yet to see this joint custody agreement, in its proper legal form although I am the author of its contents, and have repeatedly requested my attorney send me a copy. My attorney went from saying he will do with the case whatever I want, now saying he wants to be through with the case, and tries to pressure me into signing the joint custody agreement which I still have not seen in its proper legal form. Keeps saying medical records and witness can be subpeona'd(typo) but none of the concerns or anything are ever brought to the judges attention. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">