• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My child's braces...incomplete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mines2

What is the name of your state?Texas
I took my child to the dentist since she was 4 years old. She needed braces
at the age of 12.
The dentist took all the xrays and whatever needed to start the orthodontics.
He told me right away that a lower tooth was within the gums was sideways and traveling towards the center. He would consult with a surgen that came to the office and have surgery done to put a wire to the tooth and pull it back
slowly to the right position. I of course waited and I did miss some appointments.
The dentist (I find out he is not an orthodontist) tells me that my child will have surgery done to remove the tooth and move the back teeth to cover the space. I SAID 'NO!
He never talked to the surgeon about my child's case and it was now too late because the tooth had traved pass the middle to the other side.
The surgeon told me this was the first he had heard of it.
The dentist said he would forego the balance of 598.00 (her father's portion)of the 3000.00 and continue working on her braces, but to have the surgery to remove the babytooth that's still there and remove the embedded tooth that should have replaced the babytooth. HE also tells me it is my fault for missing appointments. I told him "You knew about this from day one, you told me in writing that this needed to be done, You neglected my child's case and now you suggest she go around with a fake tooth or move the back teeth to the front to cover your mess up.
CAn I sue this guy for ruining my child's smile. She is 14 years old now.

Last edited:

ellencee

mines2
You're responsible for not taking care of the problem when the dentist told you about it and instructed you on the measures necessary to prevent exactly what has now happened. Sorry, this one's on you.
EC

M

mines2

My child's braces..incomplete

Wow! and here I was waiting for him to talk to the surgeon ,about the matter, that came to his office certain time of the month and he would set up the appointment to get this done would let me know.
I was totally depending/waiting on him.
I would have stepped on it quicker than a New York second had he told me
"You will need to get this surgery done, before I can proceed".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">