• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subcontractor's employee suing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amzingpaintjob

What is the name of your state? Florida
I hired a subcontractor to paint a house for me. When the job was done, I paid him in full. A guy he hired wasn't paid by him because he drug out the job, didn't finish the job, and was fired. I've a subcontractor agreement with whom I hired, a work order signed by me and him on the job in question, a receipt showing I paid him in full and a copy of the cashed check. The guy trying to sue me never worked for me, but for the subcontractor I hired. He has no paperwork showing he ever contracted with me or anything else. I have paperwork on numerous jobs showing I was doing business with the sub I hired. The mediator even told this guy he he needs to show something saying he was working for me or that I contracted him. I have a box of paperwork, receipts, work orders and check stubs showing I've never had any business relations with this man. He says it was a verbal agreement. My paperwork shows I don't make verbal agreements. Does he have a case?

Aurorien

BelizeBreeze said:
Probably, but it's called Muskatel and is sold at $1.50 a gallon.
LOL.

If the guy trying to sue you has no paperwork showing he ever contracted you, then how did he get in contact with you? For that matter, why did you even waste your time speaking to him? At any rate, he's not your responsibility.

A

amzingpaintjob

case?

He had my information from the subcontractor I hired. I had to talk to him as I was supeanoed. It said if I did not appear that he would win by default.

Aurorien

amzingpaintjob said:
He had my information from the subcontractor I hired. I had to talk to him as I was supeanoed. It said if I did not appear that he would win by default.
Ah. Still, he was not contracted by you nor was he fired by you. There is no contract between you and him. Good luck.

T

TracyMT

I'm a contractor myself. He won't win. Why is he not suing the sub who you hired?? Payment to this guy is on the responsibility of the sub you hired. Remind the court of that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">