• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selective prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

metro1

What is the name of your state?I would like to know just how well protected are prosecutors from civil suit. How can you get hold them responsible for for abusing their executive descretion. Does absolute immunity protect them if it is found out that they indeed violated an individual rights by prosecuting based on gender when in fact the other similarily situated gender was not treated or overzealously sought after and consequintly have different results. Also, in the state of washington where I'm at is there still a speedy trial right for a defendant being 60day if incarcerated and 90days if not. Well I was charged with a felony harrassment and put into jail with a bond of $50,000. If I were to be found guilty the maximum time I would get is 3months a range of 1-3months. I spent over 5months incarcerated and still have not been to court. The prosecutor has basically gotten me to serve the time for an alleged crime that I did not do. After denying me a Pr bound they finally let me out just in time to vote but I still Have not been to trial for this case and they apparently don't want to go especially after they already had me serve more than the sentencing range for the alleged crime. Their case is weak and I'm sure they have suspected by now that the so called victim is a lie. So they have been trying to force me to plead guilty to a misdermeanor assualt. Of course that is not open for discussion with me I want my day in court but they are not giving it to me. What if any are my options and when/if I finally do go to court and win can I seek sue for wrongful imprisonment or selective prosecution or something to make me whoe again cause they have cost me my job and I now am unemployed with no money While in jail My cdl had expired and It costs more than I have at the time to get it back so I'm now back in school trying to get into a whole new occupation. I 've only signed one waiver of my speedy trial rights and that was 90 days after my speedy trial was suppose to have commenced. Am I able to bring in the federal government on violations of my constitutional rights against the state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">