• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pc1000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CaBartender

What is the name of your state?CA
I was charged with possesion and received Defered Entry of Judgement. I signed up for my class and finished. I also paid in full the $545. I wasn't required to test but 1 or 2 times randomly. He would test me every week, but not charge me for the testing. He says they usualy just want to see if we will test or not. About 2 weeks before I was done the Counsler came at me with a dirty test. That I would have to pay $195 additional amount to the program and attend 3 NA's a week and just come to submit a test once a week, not attend their classes, but pay them that additional money. I contested the the dirty test and wanted to see my results. The following week he comes at me with this Hokey Dokey computer generated paper saying I have 1 positive out of 3 test. We test on a Friday evening and all the test dates were done on a Monday. How do they handle that? The problem I have is now I go back to go court with a note saying my program has been extended for 10 weeks. It seems to me they just want to get the extra money from me, which is totaly unfair. The program didn't go by the rules anyways. Sometimes het let us just sign in and leave. What can I do? Everyone tells me there isn't much I can do, they basicaly have a hold over me and what my outcome will be

TYRIS

CaBartender said:
What is the name of your state?CA
I was charged with possesion and received Defered Entry of Judgement. I signed up for my class and finished. I also paid in full the $545. I wasn't required to test but 1 or 2 times randomly. He would test me every week, but not charge me for the testing. He says they usualy just want to see if we will test or not. About 2 weeks before I was done the Counsler came at me with a dirty test. That I would have to pay $195 additional amount to the program and attend 3 NA's a week and just come to submit a test once a week, not attend their classes, but pay them that additional money. I contested the the dirty test and wanted to see my results. The following week he comes at me with this Hokey Dokey computer generated paper saying I have 1 positive out of 3 test. We test on a Friday evening and all the test dates were done on a Monday. How do they handle that? The problem I have is now I go back to go court with a note saying my program has been extended for 10 weeks. It seems to me they just want to get the extra money from me, which is totaly unfair. The program didn't go by the rules anyways. Sometimes het let us just sign in and leave. What can I do? Everyone tells me there isn't much I can do, they basicaly have a hold over me and what my outcome will be

- I have a few quetions before your post can be answered.

1.) What was the possession charge? Marijuana? Methamphetamine? Cocaine etc.

2.) What type of urinalysis test were you taking? Was it a "quick test" or was it sent off to DOJ. Normally the tests conducted by counselors are quick test and can show a possitive or a negative within a few minutes. These tests are usually prety accurate. If it was sent to DOJ then it is definately accurate.

3.) Were you actually "dirty" when you tested? When was the lat time you used? Depending on the substance can depend on how long it stays in you system.

-The counselor will write up his report and submit it to the proabtion depratment. There is'nt much you can do about this. It's your word against his tests.

-Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">