• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Busted Selling Crack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaMomof3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

My ex was arrested this past April on drug charges. I posted this before but I didn't have enough information. My ex was busted selling crack. What kind of time might he get if convicted. I went down to the Clerk of Courts and requested a copy of his file. Here are his charges:

Count 1 - Delivery of Controlled Substance Drug, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 2 - Possession With Intent to Deliver 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 3 - Possession of Controlled Substance Drugs, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(16) - Misdemeanor
Count 4 - Possession with Intent to Deliver 780-113(a)(30) - Felony
Count 5 - Possession of Controlled Substance Drugs, Device or Cosmetic 780-113(a)(16) - Misdemeanor
Count 6 - Possession or Distribution of Small Amount 780-113(a)(31) - Misdemeanor
Count 7 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia 780-113(a)(32) - Misdemeanor

He made a transaction with an undercover DANET(District Attorney's Narcotics Enforcement Team) agent. The DANET agents followed him around the city for a few days watching him stop to make transactions then they arrested him. They searched his house and vehicle and found numerous items of drug paraphernalia in both locations. He had on his person, numerous pieces of crack.They ended up confiscating his new SUV. I wouldn't be so concerned about this but we share custody of our three children. My lawyer says that I can't go after full custody until he is convicted. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PaMomof3

Thank You

Thank you for your reply. I do understand about not being able to file for custody until he is convicted. I don't like it but I do understand. I'm curious as to how much jail time he might be looking at.

BelizeBreeze

PaMomof3 said:
Thank you for your reply. I do understand about not being able to file for custody until he is convicted. I don't like it but I do understand. I'm curious as to how much jail time he might be looking at.
He MIGHT be looking at probation.
He MIGHT be looking at death by hanging.
He MIGHT be looking at witness protection and no charges.

The point is, I am not the judge overhearing the case nor the prosecutor charged with prosecuting so there's no way for me or anyone here to know.

Sorry, but I'm not going to blow smoke up your panties (only for ellen ;)).

Bravo8

It's impossible to tell without knowing his previous criminal history, current legal situation (i.e., other court cases pending), the demeanor of the Probation Department (that does pre-sentence investigations), and demeanor of the sentencing judge.

The Probation Department has an immense amount of power in that they do the pre-sentence investigation, and can make your ex look like a poor, misguided soul who needs help or a hardened crack dealer who needs hard time in the state pen.

Judge's vary, and he / she could sentence your ex to a bare sentence (even probation, depending on what he pleads to / is convicted of). Case in point, I arrested an underage male for DUI and Aggravated Assault by Vehicle while DUI (for almost killing his 2 passengers after they wrecked). The sentencing Judge sentenced him to 18 months. However, I know of another judge that would probably have sentenced him to probation and alcohol counseling.

I can tell you the maximum sentence for those crimes, with the most serious being the first count you listed. It's an ungraded Felony, and is punishable by up to 15 years inprisonment and a $25,000 fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">