• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is first step in Going forward with malpractice case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CancerSurvivor

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I realize that the first answer will probly be "Gat a Lawyer" but do you need to let the Doctor/Hospital know in advance? I am seriouslt considering a case but its not about the money..I would settle it out of court for $5 bucks if it went on his record as negligent.

I have spoken with an Attorney about it (he is also my Attorney for my disability case) He said that he beleives I do have a case.
I am not a malice type person, The Doctor did save my life, but left me disabled for life t hrough negligence.

ellencee

CancerSurvivor
By NO MEANS should you contact the hospital or MD (surgeon).

If you don't want any money, don't pursue the claim. Being compensated with money is the only way you can receive compensation or pay for the lawsuit.

You can file a complaint with the licensing board for MDs in your state and ask for an investigation and corrective action; but, don't do that if you are considering filing a medmal lawsuit.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">