• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TDW closeout on line Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harry ahwal

What is the name of your state? California

on 10/15/04
I Purchased 500 pieces of high end cosmetics from TDW closeouts it's an on line company that sells over stock items, shelf pulls and so on.
they emailed me and informed me in early October that they have received a large shipment of high end cosmetics from Federated Department stores. They will be sold on first come basis. I called them and informed them that I was interested in buying 500 pieces. They instructed me to wire $2570 to their bank account and once they receive the funds in their bank they will ship the merchandise. I wired the money from my bank on 10/15/04.
2 weeks past and still didn't receive the merchandise I called them and requested a
Shipping tracking number, few day later they provided me with tracking number. On 11/08/04 I received the merchandise to my shock the merchandise
Were old used tested store returns, some were marked for destruction total garbage. I called them up and informed them of situation. They instructed me to photograph merchandize and send them the pictures, which I did the same day. I called 2 days later to find what happened, they told me after a long wait on the phone that they will arrange for UPS to come and pick them up from my house and once they receive them, they will refund my account $2570. Immediately I checked them out on www.ripoff.com which I should of done before duh! And found out other people were ripped off by them and didn’t receive their money. Now I'm scared to send the junk back to them not knowing they will honor the agreement to send me my money back once they receive the merchandize. There company is operated out of Florida and I live in California. So what should I do in this situation?

Thank You
Harry- Tracy, Calif.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">