• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I received a damaged mail order mountain bike

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homerpi01

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I live in Calif. I found a mountain bike on-line offered by a company in Colorado. I telephoned and ordered the $2,500.00 bike. I paid using a Mastercard. The bike was deliv damaged. I tried unsuccesfully to fix the damage. The bike is now being returned at the selling company's expense. I suspect it was damaged in shipping. The bike company has no more in stock. They have to examine the bike to determine cause of damage. They said poss manufacturer will replace. I can see a dispute on the horizon between bike company and manufacturer. All I want is either my credit card reimbursed or bike replaced. Bike company said all depends upon what they determine cause of damage to be. Now I'm worried they'll say "I" damaged the bike and won't refund or replace. I know I'm jumping the gun before I here back from the bike company. However, so I can sleep at night, I need to know what the worst case scenerio can be. The bike co is reputable. But, can I end up getting screwed here!???

Dandy Don

I'm surprised that the bike company didn't tell you to file a damage claim with the company who shipped the item, but maybe they have contacted the shipper and are trying to get this resolved.

H

homerpi01

That certainly would have been an option. The bike co had me return it at their expense (which is a good sign!). They want to evaluate and determine the cause of damage. I'm not a very trusting person and wouldn't be surprised if they try and turn the whole thing back onto me! I did take some very close-up digital pictures of the damage. I'll know next week when they receive the bike and look it over. Bottom line ... the aggrevation is prob not worth the few hundred dollars I would have saved.

stephenk

you should also dispute any charge to your credit card until you are assured by the bike company that you will receive another bike or receive a refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">