• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

this should be an easy question for attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HomeGuru

somebeach said:
What is the name of your state?
in most cases, when you file a motion, when do you get a court date?
**A: sorry, I am without the salient facts and history of your "most cases" and the outcome of the motion, to be in a position to provide the correct answer.

somebeach

let me rephrase the question

if i take a motion of dismissal due to police misconduct, how long does it take to get a court date? And i guess that it is different in every state so what person in the county would i ask if a motion has been filed?

Here's the deal, my very good friend's son was arrested 3 months ago and a lot has happened that seems like he is being railroaded and the attorney seems to be lazy. But a high ranking sheriff had this young man transported to his office and brought his estranged father into the office and tried to get the boy to plead guilty. The sheriff showed the father all the details and evidence of the case. The sheriff told the boy that he would call in his attorney for their next meeting. The attorney went crazy but that was 2 weeks ago and i told my friend to go check and see if the motion had been filed, but i didn't know who she should go talk to. The attorney says that he doesn't have a court date yet. I thought that a court date was set when the motion is filed, but i was not sure, that is why i was asking.

stephenk

some courts require you reserve a hearing date when you file your motion. some courts provide the hearing date when your paperwork is filed.

a review of the kid's criminal case file would note any upcoming motion dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">