• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signature on a Quick Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandylyn

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband's ex-wife will not sign a quick claim deed for the time shares that he was awarded in the divorce. The company that he has the time shares with has stated they most have a quick claim. That the final divorce decree it not enough. She recieved the home and he got the time shares. The home was to be paid off within a year and the time shares were already paid for. They had a verbal agreement that as soon as the home was paid for that they would both sign the paper work to get each others names removed from their properties. That was 2 years ago. We know that the home was paid for because she was late with the last payment and the company contacted my husband about this. He later called back to make sure it had been paid and she has received the title. She now refuses to sign and will not let him sign to get his name off of the house. We are trying to resolve this problem without having to go back to court just for a signature. Also, in the divorce they recieved joint custody of their two minor children. My husband pays child support because of the amout of income that he has. His ex-wife refuses to let the youngest child bring anything to our home that she has paid for, including the school book bag. This has been a large expense for us because he most have two of everything. Is there anything we can do about these problems.

BelizeBreeze

First of all the next time you post PLEASE read before you submit. Your post BARELY makes sense.

Now, according to what I could understand, your husband's name is still on the home's deed and his ex's name is still on the timeshare deeds and BOTH properties are paid for correct?

S

sandylyn

Sorry I have never done this.

Yes, both properties or paid for.

I do not understand argue for limitations.

BelizeBreeze

sandylyn said:
Sorry I have never done this.

Yes, both properties or paid for.

I do not understand argue for limitations.
It's a damn siguature. NOT part of my response.

So, one last question. Is there ANYTHING in the property settlement of the divorce decree regarding the properties or is all of this verbal?

S

sandylyn

Once again I am sorry. We are just looking for HELP!!

The divorce decree says she recieves the home and he gets the time shares.
They are both of equal valve.

The problem is she will not sign the papers and we are trying to keep from going back to court.

BelizeBreeze

You're going back to court. There are two options:

One, have hubby file a show cause for contempt against her for not signing the deed.

Two: Have hubby file a partition suit with costs taxed to defendent.

A real estate attorney will need to be consulted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">