• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tony verdigi

What is the name of your state? New york

What recourse do I have when someone refuses to send me goods I've purchased from Ebay?

D

djholusa

As a current eBayer myself I have had many of these problems in the past.

If you used Paypal, You can contact Paypal Via (402) 935-2017

If you used their Credit card prosessing then you need to contact your credit card company to do a chargeback.

Otherwise contact your bank, they will have all the info about who cashed your check, Even do a request for credit of funds for you.

Also....... You can use ebay's Dispute forum. This will send warning to the eBayer for not sending your item AND alot of times ebay will shut their account down..

mrmagoo

Tony, for future reference don't use your bank or checking account as the funding source for paypal or ebay payments unless you have to. Use a credit credit instead because you have better luck with the credit card company charging back the person or business, crediting your account back and with conducting its own investigation.

Getting back to your situation, my wife purchased some rare football cards $2000 from this guy in CA, we're from VA. She used paypal, but it was funded through our checking account, the guy failed to send the items. He kept claiming problems with UPS, etc. Eventually he stopped responding to our emails and calls. Paypal did an investigation and found the seller at fault but they weren't able to recover our funds, this was also the case with Ebay.

Long story short, I filed a compliant with the FBI who forwarded it to the atty general in CA. CA jerked me around for 5 months trying to send this guy nice letters to which he never responded and CA never filed anything. I did my own investigation and using his address I sent a lenghty letter to the local law enforcment in his area. Get this, turns out this guy is rich and just started duping people for the hell of it. He did the same to a guy in Canada who fly down, talked with police and get his money back.

I spent several phone calls with a detective in his area who filed charges against him. That guy called me 2 days and sent me my money plus a rather generous interest payment to drop the charges. Of course I took him up on his offer, but didn't drop the charges. Let me know if you need some more advice and tips I'll be glad to help you get your money back...

I have a friend who has a similar issue. I've just posted ....

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204193

We too are looking for advice. I've thought about the pressing charges for wire fraud (money was actually wired to this person's bank account), but I need to know if we have grounds to file charges?

Scott

divgradcurl

Beyond what everyone else has told you, your civil remedy is to sue the guy, in small claims court if it is a small enough amount, or regular court if it is not. The tricky part, as always, is that you have to sue the person in their own state, and generally you cannot recover the costs of travelling to bring suit in another state.

stevek3

tony verdigi said:
What is the name of your state? New york

What recourse do I have when someone refuses to send me goods I've purchased from Ebay?
How much was your purchase, and what method did you use for payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">