• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tsu

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tsu

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
My husband & I are trying to refinance our home. The problem is that his ex wife will not sign a quit claim form that the judge ordered her to do on the final decree of their divorce. My husband was given his house and she was orderd to quit claim the property. She says she will not because she wants part of the money/house if anything happened to him. We had a closing date set before we knew we were going to need this signature.I do not think we are going to have everything ready by that date. What does this mean for us?What should we do? Can another judge change the final decree on this divorce, as far as giving her any part of the house?

Last edited:

I bet her name is off of the mortgage as well. There is no incentive for her to sign the quit claim. You can take this to the court and it is going to be along time before the court would order anything and even then enforcement can take awhile.
I guess planning would have been the most important thing here, file a petition to show cause. Her refusal to comply with final decree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">