• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure where to go with this one?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lexiscole66

:mad: What is the name of your state?North Dakota. But, events happened on Indian Reservation.
I'll try to make this as short as possible. But, please bare with me there are alot of things not right here.
A friend of mine went to town with my truck, he noticed he was being followed by police. When he got back I went for a ride to town, and sure enough there they were right behind me. They followed me through town, when I got to the gas station, I went in, came back out they were parked in the lot. I got in my truck and proceeded to pull out when I noticed they were again right behind me. So, I pulled over, got out of my truck, the police officer also got out and proceeded to walk towards me. I than asked if there was a problem or if I was breaking some kind of law. He introduced himself and asked if I was me. I said yes. He than told me that they had had some complaints about the selling and doing of drugs at my residents. I told him that I didn't do drugs and as to where they were getting them I didn't know. I than asked if that was it, he said yes, so I got into my truck and left. But that whole day, anyone that pulled out of my driveway got pulled over. Well one of my daughters friends happened to be one of them. They not only pulled her over but called her father who is also a teacher of my daughters, and told him he shouldn't let her come around because of the things that go on over here. Now like that wasn't enough. The next day when I pulled out of my crossing who should be the first car two crossings down from mine, but our friendly boys in blue. Well this time they threw the reds on me. I pulled over they came up to the truck and said they had a warrant for me for FTP. I asked them to see it, they said down at the station. When we got there I asked to see it again. They said it was being faxed over. Well, five hours later while I was bonding out I asked to see it again. I knew that I wouldn't be able to because there wasn't one! Sure enough there wasn't. So I was let go but still got charged with DUS and no liability insurance.
I am a single mother of four. I do my best but, there is no way I can afford to hire a lawyer! So does that mean I get no justice? Abuse of power and misconduct, Deprivation of rights under color of law, Police Accountability act of 1991, Police misconduct provisions,1994, Involuntary servitude, standards of conduct. What do these all mean? Don't I have the right not to be falsely arrested or maliciously prosecuted or what about freedon from excessive fines or unusual punishment and how about equal protection of the laws, regardless of your personel circumstances and last but not least privacy from unreasonable & unwarranted government intrusion. I go to court in a few days. Will justice be done? For me or for the system. These are the people whom by entering into public service we put our trust in. So what is justice? And, what does all this stuff mean? Any feedback would be nice I would just like to know someone is reading and hearing this! Thanks.

Well just thought I would add some events that have happened since my last post. Well about 2 weeks later my trailer got raided. I was home with my three children, my cousin, and two friends, one of my friends had his 2 children there also. Anyway on Dec. 3, 2004 I was arrested for narcotics and dangerous drugs and 6 counts of reckless endangernment. My bond was $50,000. When the police officers brought us to the police station, I guess they decided to stay at my trailer even after they were done searching it. They answered my telephone calls, telling whoever was calling to go on over. That they had what they wanted. A couple of my friends happened to stop by that night, when they pulled up they were rushed my the cops, with their guns out proceeded to ask why they were there, and they were also searched. One of my friends had a $50.00 warrant and was taken to the police station. He bonded but was told he could not get his truck from my residence yet. A couple of hours later he finally got to go get it. Well by than all of his CD's were gone, also, the face from his stereo was also missing. After the police officers left my residence they didn't even shut the doors. Everything my family and I owned was stolen, busted up or sold. The next day a call was made to the station telling them that my trailer doors were wide open. Nothing was done! I wrote a list of everything that I could remember that was missing. They were also told about the people that were seen taking things from there. But, again nothing was done! I sat 53+ days before they gave me a bond reduction. I had to sign some papers for my bond release. Well I paid this on a friday and it was accepted, but, they still didn't release me until the following Monday! So please, someone, tell me. Is this justice? I no longer have any faith in our justice system. Neither do my children!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">