• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djholusa

What is the name of your state?Nc

Hi,
I have a few questions about a contract that is being held on me.

I was searching for financing for some business equipment for my business. A company that I was researching called me up and we were going through the details of this contract. This company is based out of Virginia, I am based out of North Carolina. Throughout the phone call I was giving information specific to the info needed to get financing for this equipment.

Two weeks after this phone call I receive the contract on paper along with a automatic bank draft authorization form, and other information specific to the contract. As I was looking over this paperwork I did not like the terms of this agreement, So I never signed them or ever turned them back in to the financial institution. Another week and a half has gone by and I noticed that they have drafted my account for a weekly payment to this obligation. I do not have any of the products in my possesion. I have since called them to get this worked out but as of yet haven’t been able to contact who I need to speak with. It has since been three weeks and two payments later and I have yet to talk to who I need to. Over this company has costed me over $500 in overdraft fines and payments on something I thought I had no obligation to.

My questions are:

Are there any verbal contract laws in the state of North Carolina that I could be held to?
Is this a legal a contract for them If I’m still holding the Unsigned Contract?
What if anything can they be liable for if this isn’t legal?

Any help on this issue would be appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">