• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Ex's, DNA mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JR Dischert

New York - my sister-in-law has a serious problem...she's on her second divorce(the soon-to-be ex is not contesting it), however, her first ex-husband is taking her to court for custody of their children (2 boys, 1 girl)and of course child support. The problem is that he (the first ex) is not the biological father of the 2 boys, only the daughter. The boys are 16 & 17 yoa. What can she do? Shouldn't she let her lawyer and the court know that he isn't the real father? The first ex never has adopted the boys and we are pretty sure he doesn't know the someone else is the real father. Help!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JR Dischert said:
Times New Roman]undefined[/FONT]What is the name of your state? New York; my sister-in-law has a serious problem...she's on her second divorce(the soon to be ex is not contesting it), however, her first ex-husband is taking her to court for custody of their children (2 boys, 1 girl); the problem is that he is not the biological father of the 2 boys, only the daughter. What can she do? Shouldn't she let her lawyer and the court know that he isn't the real father?

My response:

So, basically, you're saying that your sister is a "Skank". Yeah, I'd divorce her too.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

Shouldn't she let the court and/OR her attorney know?

Well duh? unless she wants to be charged with fraud and spend a few years in jail that might be a good idea. What do you think?

nextwife

Is he on the birth certificate of the child in question? If he is, he IS the legal father. Sis can't NOW choose to raise the issue of paternity only for custody fighting.

Has sis been accepting CS from that ex for this child?.

Last edited:
JR Dischert said:
New York - my sister-in-law has a serious problem...she's on her second divorce(the soon-to-be ex is not contesting it), however, her first ex-husband is taking her to court for custody of their children (2 boys, 1 girl)and of course child support. The problem is that he (the first ex) is not the biological father of the 2 boys, only the daughter. The boys are 16 & 17 yoa. What can she do? Shouldn't she let her lawyer and the court know that he isn't the real father? The first ex never has adopted the boys and we are pretty sure he doesn't know the someone else is the real father. Help!
You have not provided all of the details to make a solid answer however I will give it a shot. The first father, or husband is seeking to be the father of three kids, one which is his by association of DNA, now what about the two boys. Where the two boys adopted, did he raise them since they where little, is there visitation in place rightnow. I am sure you have heard this before but biology does not always matter in determining CS and visitation, however the act of assuming the care of the child can be a very very strong foundations. So, if the father of the two boys, is one that has been there the whole time and is paying child support then yes he has a right in this situation.
However, you have made it sound as if the first ex just came out of know where to take control. I do not see how that could happen, but what is important is if you are getting represeneted that you disclose all of it to your lawyer so he can bill and represent you to the best of his/her capabilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">