• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSD Decision Timeframe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BackNine29

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Idaho

Does anyone know the general timeframe between the consultive examination (CE) and written notification of decision on an application for SSD? Thanks.

Whyte Noise

It varies from state to state, but generally speaking it's by the 90 day mark.

I had my consultative exam in December and received my denial in January.

BL

Denials are quicker ... :rolleyes:

And If at first denied appeal ,appeal, and appeal again ..

I applied for my father at the end of August 2004.

He was sent to the SS Doctor for an evaluation on September 19th, 2004.

He received a phone call near the end of October 2004 with an approval.

He then received a letter about a week letter.

But like Missourigal said - it varies from state to state.

Tonto99

Your Father's Disability is WHAT??

I would like to know what to expect in a consultative exam for anxiety/depression. What was your father's condition and could you tell me more about the C.E.? Thanks.

Cushie

I had my CE in early October and was just approved around December 1st. However, my case went to Quality Review so that slowed things up by a month.

tigger22472

What must be kept in mind is that age play a major role in decision making also. The younger you are, the harder it is to get.

Talk to the caseworker on the case, they will tell you the time period the doctor has to turn things in an how long they have after to make a decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">