• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He changed the grounds without my knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

louise6109

What is the name of your state? NY
I signed an uncontested divorce, affidavitte of defendant on the grounds of abandonment. And have the copies of the action for divorce that state, Abandonment. I have just received my final divorce papers and it states the grounds for divorce as a separation agreement, which was signed in 2000. My husband and I had reconciled shortly after that separation agreement was signed. The reason I am perturbed about this is. I have a permanent Green that was issued after this separation agreement was signed. So I am concerned that it looks like my marraige was a fraud. Should I be concerned about this and do I have a case to charge him with tampering with legal documents and misrepresentation. Can I have this judgement overturned.

BlondeIntel

louise6109 said:
So I am concerned that it looks like my marraige was a fraud. Should I be concerned about this . . . .
I recommend that you post this question in the Immigration Forum. Find out whether it matters before you worry about suing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">