• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can somebody help me with my case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jhchoi01

CA busted with marijuana

im currently located in CA... i was arrested on 9/27 for possession for sale of marijuana and posted bail that day.... the new court date given to me was 11/4.... i called court to verify that i had court that day, and they said they didnt have anything on file... i also called the DA's office and they also said, it probably has not been filed yet.... my court date has passed for 10 days and havent heard anything... is this a case i could get a dismissal for? like "no-papered dismissal?" Also, if it helps, im currently on the DEJ program for another possession for sale i had gotten caught for.... so this is my second offense.. thanks in advance..

Last edited:

Son of Slam

jhchoi01 said:
im currently located in CA... i was arrested on 9/27 for possession for sale of marijuana and posted bail that day.... the new court date given to me was 11/4.... i called court to verify that i had court that day, and they said they didnt have anything on file... i also called the DA's office and they also said, it probably has not been filed yet.... my court date has passed for 10 days and havent heard anything... is this a case i could get a dismissal for? like "no-papered dismissal?" Also, if it helps, im currently on the DEJ program for another possession for sale i had gotten caught for.... so this is my second offense.. thanks in advance..

Because the jails and prisons in California are so full, all victimless nonviolent crimes, are doing under what they call a "buy one get one free" clause. If you have a prior offense similar to, and lesser than, a just issued complaint, the second offense is dismissed if you are not called to trial within 30 days and you agree to forfeit bail. So, it dose help that you are currently on the DEJ program for a higher charge. JK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">