• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

former employer telling false info to former customers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harleeangel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?SC
My husband's former employer is telling his former customers that he was fired for illegal business practices. Is that legal? He wasn't fired for that. He was terminated for failure to protect company assets , which he wasn't guilty of that either. Another employee told my husband they saw the assistant manager doing what my husband was terminated for. They couldn't prove my husband did anything. :( Also, they haven't paid him his last pay check either. It has been a little over a month. can they hold his pay? If so, how long?

Thanks for any help!!

Beth3

There is a very fine line between "Illegal business practices" and "failure to protect company assets." Without knowing all the specifics of exactly what practices your husband engaged in from the employer's point of view, it's impossible to say whether they are giving out false or negligent information.

S.C. reg's require that final wages be paid within 2 days or next payday. Your husband can call SC's Department of Labor and file a complaint regarding his final paycheck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">