• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with sewage and new lot owners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fireplug

What is the name of your state?
Hello
I am new here and hope someone can help me.
I own a home in PA and at one time the entire lot was owned by 2 brothers who did not get along. Well I bought the first 2 lots with a house on it and have been here 7 years. The lot behind me was just sold and had a very old mobil home on it. The new owners removed the mobil home and are puting in a double wide prefab with a foundation. Well they started to dig the foundation and hit my sewage lines and graywater drain lines and he wants me to pay to move all lines and have cut open both lines and now there is raw sewage running in his yard. I have a deed from the old owner that i bought the house from that shows and states that at anytime someone builds on that lot or does anything to the sewage pipes they must repair or replace the system back to specs. He refuses to do this . Also there is a right of way for it to be there and i says i have the right to check on the line at any time. He wants to call the cops when I go to see what the heck do is doing to my lines.
What should I do?????
He cant leave the open sewage lines and they also removed my leach bed for the sewage system. I need help fast
Thank you
Fireplug

fireplug

Thank you for the quick reply.
The system was installed in 1957 or about that time. The lines out of my house goes into the septic tank and then out and down the yard for about 300 feet then into a leachbed.
While is deed and my deed show no right of ways. I called the person I bought the house from and got the Andenture filed in 1988 that states
Exepting and reserving from the operation of this conveyance the right-of-way for the sewage pipe line there through and thereunder, together with the right to construct, reconstruct and perpetually maintain the said right-of-way and the maintain and repair the said line now and in the future. Further to have and to hold the same perpetually to the Grantors(the people who owned the lower lot and sold it to the new owners who did the damage to my pipes)herein, there heirs, successors and assigns together with the right and privilege at any point and all times to enter the premisses or any part thereof, and for making connections therewith: all upon the condetions that the Grantors, there heirs, successors and assinns after doing any work in connection with the construction, reconstruction or repair of the sewage line restore the premises to the condition in which the same where found before such work was undertaken, and that in the use of the rights and privilages herein reserved, the grantors there heirs successors and assigns will not create a nuisance or do any act that will be detrimental to the premises.
Filed in the state of PA in 1988.
This guy posted 7 no trespassing signs on the lot line facing my house.
Know to I have the right to go down there and see what the heck this guy is doing and where do I stand on making him pay for the damage to my sewage lines
Thank You
Fireplug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">