• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I vote?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

friendnomore

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Last year in January I was arrested in California (I just moved to AZ recently) for possesion of controlled substance (felony). I took the plea offer of PC1000 & 18 months of informal probation. I completed the program & met the requirements of my informal probation. I returned to court for my dismissal date last month & the charges were "dismissed". So, I'm wondering if that means I will be able to vote in the next election? Thanks for any responses. :confused:

friendnomore

On Hold...

Thank for the advice but Ive tried calling & just end up on hold forever or get disconnected after hearing that recording saying my call will be answered in the order it was received. So, if anyone else has an answer to my question I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

calatty

Penal Code section 1000 is the drug diversion program. The point of diversion is that you do not end up with a conviction. In fact, you can legally say you have never even been arrested (see Penal Code section 1000.4). So the answer is yes, you can vote.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">