• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Occupational license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loyerd6

What is the name of your state?I am in PA. Due to unpaid parking tickets, which were mailed to the wrong address, my husband's license was suspended. When the tickets were FINALLY delivered to the correct address (the DMV had the correct address on file!) the tickets were paid immediately. But, the state didn't care. We need both incomes to survive and my husband has been bumming rides from co-workers. I cannot take him to work at my office is 40 miles away from his. His co-workers have been great about giving him rides, but it's getting old. We were told he might be able to get an occupational license that would allow him to drive to work only. How do we go about applying for this, or what EXACTLY to we need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :confused:

Bravo8

For starters, if the only reason for the suspended DL was unpaid citations, then your husband should be able to reinstate his driver's license simply by providing proof that the fines were satisfied and paying a $25 restoration fee.

When you fail to pay a citation, your DL is supended indefinitely until the fines are paid. After paying them, there is no other reason for your DL to remain suspended (unless one of the offenses has a suspension period as part of the penalty, which parking offenses do not).

If your husband's DL is suspended for some other reason and requires him to serve a certain length of time suspended, he may qualify for an Occupational Limited License. Check http://www.dot4.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-oll.pdf for details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">