• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Says It expires 6/2005

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goneriding

What is the name of your state? California

After a tedious appeal, I won my unemployment claim based on having to quit my job due to a move out of state for family reasons. My latest claim states that I have enough money to cover me for another four months, however, my claim expires in June 2005. Do they continue to pay me through June 2005 or does it stop when the balance is gone?

Thanks - I hope I made sense?

divgradcurl

You will only get money for the next 4 months -- once the money runs out, that's it.

The "claim" running until June 2005 is just administrative -- CA uses "claim years" to track a couple of things, including whether or not to pay you for your first week of unemployment (you don't get paid for unemployment for the first week of a new claim -- but if you've already made a claim within the same claim year, you get paid immediately the second time) and which preceding quarters should be used to base your payments on.

But it is possible to run out of money before a claim year runs out -- and it looks like that's what might happen to you here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">