• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate agent non compete clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leeschill

What is the name of your state? FL

Just curious as to how well a signed statement would hold up when it comes to real estate agents. Agreeing not to work within a 15 mile radius of your former employer.

This would infringe on the independent contractor provisions as most realtors are employed as independent contractors and not salaried employees.

Anyone with any insight?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You will have to take a copy of the signed statement to a local attorney. No one here can comment on the enforceability of an agreement they have not read.

(Put in another quarter and she'll say it again. Geez, doesn't anyone ever use the Search function?)

HomeGuru

cbg said:
You will have to take a copy of the signed statement to a local attorney. No one here can comment on the enforceability of an agreement they have not read.

(Put in another quarter and she'll say it again. Geez, doesn't anyone ever use the Search function?)
**A: if I put in a dollar what kind of answer would I get?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">