• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor connecting sewer line to RV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simeon25

What is the name of your state?CA
Both I and my neighbor have big backyards that are elevated. My neighbor has moved an RV into his back yard and has an extension cord running from the house to the RV and is now connecting the sewer line of the house to the RV. Isn't this against building codes? What can I do about this?

BelizeBreeze

Really, how do you expect anyone here to know if it's against the building codes since they are city specific? And you never mentioned what city you lived in.

My only suggestion is to go down to the city hall and ask the building codes enforcement officer.

HomeGuru

simeon25 said:
Both I and my neighbor have big backyards that are elevated. My neighbor has moved an RV into his back yard and has an extension cord running from the house to the RV and is now connecting the sewer line of the house to the RV. Isn't this against building codes? What can I do about this?
**A: are you sure it's not the other way around?

nextwife

simeon25 said:

It sure is where I live. As to whether it is where YOU live, check your building , occupancy and zoning codes. This would constitute and additional "residence" on the lot, and one approach is that this may only be zoned for a one family residence.

Not to mention that a non-approved, no-permit sewer line connection is likely a big no-no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">