• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get Legalaide?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lalori44

Providence, RH
Can I get Legalaide, I have been married 9 1/2 years almost 10, and I have been out of work for 2 months, searching for a job. I am seeking to file for a divorce. Can I get some sort of interim legalaide, or welfare, until I get a job.
My husband has not given me any money. We are in financial distress.

Please Help Me!

lalori44 said:
Providence, RH
Can I get Legalaide, I have been married 9 1/2 years almost 10, and I have been out of work for 2 months, searching for a job. I am seeking to file for a divorce. Can I get some sort of interim legalaide, or welfare, until I get a job.

Please Help Me!
Check this website out and see if can help you any
http://www.lsc.gov/fundprog.htm

I do not completely understand what you are attempting to ask here. If you need welfare that really has nothing to do with this forum. However, I am sure you can go down to the local county services department and seek foodstamps, state healthcare, etc until you become gainfully employed.

lalori44

Cash Assistance for My Divorce

I am asking is I can get cash assistance for my divorce, and is there such a thing as legal aide???, I already have state medical insurance, I am not asking for food stamps, etc. Just assistance for my divorce, until I get a job to make payment arrangements, is there such a thing??

BelizeBreeze

lalori44 said:
I am asking is I can get cash assistance for my divorce, and is there such a thing as legal aide???, I already have state medical insurance, I am not asking for food stamps, etc. Just assistance for my divorce, until I get a job to make payment arrangements, is there such a thing??
no there is not. Legal Aid is service NOT cash. And legalaide is a drink mix found in the beverage aisle.

B

bjpass

lalori44 said:
Providence, RH

Please Help Me!
If your husband has left you with no money to speak of then you should be able to get legal aid. Look up Legal Services or Legal Aid in the residential area in your phone book. Trust me its there! I know I called them myself. As far as how much help they give is up to them and the circumstances you are facing. In know that here in Michigan the rules are different with ever county so just ask them about Divorce and how much if any help they can give you. They will ask you about your employment history and what kind of income you are making now. I would also tell them that you are getting some form of welfare right now (If I read correctly that is). Does he still live in the same home as you? If not you may need to move out or he will have to move out for about 10 days before they help you but just ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">