• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suitable offer to continue employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rxnivy

What is the name of your state? Oregon

What's a suitable offer to contiune employment? Are there guidelines the employer must meet to be suitable?
Demoted from a salary position that included health benefits. Offer to continue employment is @ $8.55 an hour (rate is capped no raises will be offered) I must maintain at least 30 hours a week to continue my health insurance. The position offered 25 or less hours a week.

Beth3

This is not a legal matter. What constitutes a "suitable offer" is entirely in the eye of the beholder. You can take the job being offered or leave it - it's up to you.

Beth3

Possibly. It all depends what your State's UC regulations define as "good cause" to quit in your particular circumstances. Your situation is a fine point of the law and less a UC adjudicator in your State should wander by this web site, then I doubt anyone can comfortably advise you.

On the other hand, if you accept the job, you quite possibly will be eligible for a partial UC benefit. At least you'd have two income streams while you look for a full-time job.

rxnivy

Beth3

Beth3-
Thank you for your imput! :)

This is a great web site I've enjoyed and learned a lot from you!

Have a great day!

rxnivy

Beth3 P.S.

Beth3-
P.S.
The advise at the end of your replies regarding mean people and waiters couldn't be more true. It's a rule I live by! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">