• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in MI can prove not guilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jkoan

What is the name of your state?Michigan
I was pulled over by a MI state DOT cop last Sunday night near the Ohio line. I had my cruise control set at 55 mph, minding my own business when I seen lights behind me. I drive a semi, so my speed limit on the highway is 55. The officer who pulled me over stated that he did so because as he was driving north bound (I was southbound), when he got me with his radar going 70mph. He said that he got me at the 14 mile marker and he pulled me over at the 10 (4 mile difference). When I advised the officer that my truck is governed at 62mph, therefore it doesn't run 70, he stated that if he had a dollar for everytime he heard that, he'd be rich. To make a long story short, within those 4 miles that it took for him to pull me over, after he got turned around, 3 other semi's passed me and were almost out of my sight before the cop got me. I have documented evidence of what my truck is governed at. I plan to fight this ticket in court and take this evidence with me. What are my chances of winning in court being that I can show proof that he got the wrong truck? I refuse to plead this ticket down, as I was not speeding. The last incident on my driving record was an accident last December where someone hit me and was taken to jail for being intoxicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">